Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spicy steak & cheese sub sandwiches. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Hot 'n' Spicy Flank Steak With its flavorful marinade, Julee Wallberg's flank steak makes a succulent meal. "I received this recipe from a friend, and it's been a family favorite ever since."—Julee Wallberg, Salt Lake City, Utah Hot 'n' Spicy Flank Steak Recipe photo by Taste of Home That is the only difference between the perfect spicy steak recipe and the perfect family steak recipe that even kids will eat. Turn the steak over and do the same on the second side of the steak. If you have more than one steak to cook up.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have spicy steak & cheese sub sandwiches using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches:
- Prepare 1 lb. shaved steak
- Prepare 1/4 tsp salt
- Get 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Take 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Make ready 1 tbsp A1 Steak sauce, or any steak sauce, your preference
- Take 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 1 medium green bell pepper, jullianed
- Take 1 medium onion, jullianed
- Get 1 jalapeno, jullianed, seeded or unseeded, your choice
- Take 1 tbsp butter
- Get 4 Italian Steak Rolls or Hoagie Buns
- Take 4 slice pepper jack cheese
Meanwhile, for the steak: Combine the cumin, chili powder and garlic powder in a small bowl. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Pat the meat dry and season well with salt and the spice mix. A wonderful, spicy, garlicy steak marinade.
Steps to make Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches:
- In bowl combine steak, A1, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes. I like to leave it for several hours.
- Saute green pepper, onion and jalapeno in butter until tender. My husband likes it charred a bit so I leave it longer than I normally would.
- In another skillet saute steak in vegetable oil until browned. If any grease, drain.
- Preheat oven to Broil, low.
- Slice bread (if not already sliced) lengthwise, but not all the way thru. You want a pocket to stuff with steak, peppers and cheese.
- Place bread on baking sheet and divide equally between the four buns, the steak, and peppers/onions.
- Layer with bun with steak, then peppers and onions, then top with a piece of cheese. I like to tear the cheese in half, and place it longways on the bun to cover all the steak, & pepper mixture.
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve immediately!
- Tips- Any cut of steak will do. I partially freeze mine, then cut it in extremely thin slices. You can also get your butcher to shave it for you. My favorite steak to use for this is ribeye . - - To make it spicer add additional red pepper flakes or an additional jalapeno. - - If you want it spicy leave the seeds in the jalapeno, if you want to tame the spicy just a bit remove the seeds and cut back on the red pepper flakes.
Pat the meat dry and season well with salt and the spice mix. A wonderful, spicy, garlicy steak marinade. If you love Tabasco and if you love garlic, you should really enjoy this simple recipe which includes onions and mushrooms. Chacarero Chileno (Chilean Steak and Bean Sandwiches) Slow-Cooker Ropa Vieja With Black Beans and Rice; Perfectly Grilled T-Bone Steak; Grilled Steak, Avocado, and Spicy Crema Sandwiches; Pan-Seared Steaks with Red Wine Pan Sauce; View All Steak Recipes In this recipe for spicy steak bites, it will not take that long for the flavors to get through the outer layers or penetrate to the core of the beef. So there is no real worry of over or under marinating.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food spicy steak & cheese sub sandwiches recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!