Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, pita rolls. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
It can be made with or … Baked pita bread is best enjoyed fresh and hot-out-of the oven. Good news is, pita bread will store well for a few days in an air-tight bag. Warm it up in your oven or toaster oven or even over open flame. You can freeze pita bread for later use!
Pita Rolls is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Pita Rolls is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook pita rolls using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Rolls:
- Make ready 1 cup sliced cabbage 1 small red capsicum, finely sliced
- Take 1 small green capscium, finely sliced 1 carrot, finely grated
- Prepare 1 cup pre-cooked chicken or steak, shredded (you can use any
- Get 2 tbsp oil 1/2 tsp garlic paste 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- Make ready 2 tsp soy sauce
- Get 2 tbspn ketchup or tomato sauce
- Take 1 tsp lemon juice
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Get Ingredients for the Pitas
- Take 1 1/2 cups all-purpose/plain flour
- Make ready 3 tbsp oil 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- Make ready Milk and butter fr kneading
- Take as needed Margarine or oil
Add lukewarm water and olive oil. Carefully lift the dough circle and place quickly on hot baking sheet. The pita should be pale, with only a few brown speckles. Transfer warm pita to a napkin-lined basket and cover so bread stays soft.
Instructions to make Pita Rolls:
- First, prepare the filling. Heat the oil in a wok or wide pan and add the onion slices, stir fry for a minute followed by the ginger and garlic pastes. Stir these in for a few seconds. Then add the cabbage, capsicum, carrot and chillies.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook over high heat whilst stirring regularly until the veggies soften. Add the cooked shredded chicken, ketchup and lemon juice. Stir well and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Set aside to cool.
- Next, prepare the folded pitas. - Warm the milk and water. Mix the flour, oil, salt and yeast then make a hole in the center and pour the water & milk. Gently combine, and knead thoroughly until the dough is soft and smooth
- Wipe some oil on the palms of your hands and rub over the ball of kneaded dough, then cover and let it stand in a warm place for about an hour or until it rises to about double it's size.
- Once well-risen, make 8-10 balls of equal size. Roll out each ball gently and evenly (do not lean/press down hard on the ball of dough, you need to use a light hand)
- Brush each rolled out circle lightly with margarine, butter or oil and then fold it over in half to form a semi-circle. Repeat with all the remaining balls of dough
- Place the folded pitas on a lightly floured surface and cover them with brown paper or a light towel so that not too much air can get in. Leave them to stand for about 2 hours until they rise again.
- Heat up a heavy pan, and place a few folded pitas on it. Put the heat on medium and cook the pitas, turning them until both sides are golden. You can dip the tip of your spoon in oil n gently wipe over the pita n under it to give it a good colour as it cooks. Once done on both sides, remove and place them on a wide plate. Continue until all are done.
- Gently open the folded side slightly just to ensure it does not seal shut with the steam as they cool.
- Try not to pile the folded pitas on top of each other until after they have cooled. This keeps them nice and plump for filling. To store these, you can wrap them in cling film and freeze for up to 3 weeks.
- Fill the pitas with the prepared filling and serve
- Enjoy :)
The pita should be pale, with only a few brown speckles. Transfer warm pita to a napkin-lined basket and cover so bread stays soft. Repeat with the rest of the dough balls. I usually roll one way and then turn the dough over and roll the other way to get a nice even shape. You can use a fair amount of flour when rolling, as you don't want the dough to stick.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food pita rolls recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!