Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, salisbury steak with mushroom gravy. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Add beef broth, onion, and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Transfer patties to a platter and keep warm. Add beef stock and whisk in gravy mix until smooth. Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top.
Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have salisbury steak with mushroom gravy using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy:
- Take 1 lb ground beef
- Get 1 egg, beaten
- Make ready 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- Take 8 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- Get 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Get 4 tablespoons butter
- Prepare 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- Take 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Take 3 tablespoons flour
- Prepare 2 cups beef broth
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Get 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnisg
In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: Classic Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy! It's ready in under an hour and cooks all in one skillet. Just like mom used to make. Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes.
Steps to make Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy:
- Gently mix the beef, egg, onion, cracker crumbs, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl using your hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste, scraping up any browned bits. Sprinkle in the flour and stir, then stir in beef broth and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, swirling to combine.
- Return the patties and any juices from the plate to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the patties are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Just like mom used to make. Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. Add mushrooms and gravy to skillet. One of those comfort food favorites that never goes out of style. It's quick to make, inexpensive, and is popular with kids and adults alike!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food salisbury steak with mushroom gravy recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!