Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sheree's cast iron quick dry aged steak. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sheree's Cast Iron Quick Dry Aged Steak is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Sheree's Cast Iron Quick Dry Aged Steak is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Great recipe for Sheree's Cast Iron Quick Dry Aged Steak. I definitely did not create this recipe but I wanted a good steak. the salt is meant to preserve, tenderize, and age the steak.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook sheree's cast iron quick dry aged steak using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sheree's Cast Iron Quick Dry Aged Steak:
- Take kosher coarse salt
- Get TBone or New York Strip steaks… (this can be used to age and tenderize tough cuts of steaks)
- Prepare seasoning
- Get sprinkle garlic powder
- Get sprinkle coarse black pepper
- Take unsalted butter
IT SHOULD BE WASHED OFF THE STEAK!!!! I usually go to my butcher. Two quality steaks are expensive but it is definitely cheaper than going out. Heat your cast iron skillet to high heat.
Steps to make Sheree's Cast Iron Quick Dry Aged Steak:
- I'M SURE I WILL GET COMMENTS REGARDING THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF SODIUM….. BUT THE SALT NEEDS TO BE COMPLETELY WASHED OFF BEFORE COOKING…..
- Place steaks on a cookie sheet…. the cookie sheet should have a edge on it.
- You will not need the whole cup of Kosher Coarse salt…, liberally cover the steaks with kosher salt and leave sit for 90 minutes… the steak will age and then flavor will become much more intense…. u will also notice the texture of the meat looks like u took a meat mallet to it…
- I USE A CAST IRON SKILLET BECAUSE IT HOLDS HEAT WELL AND CAN BE PLACED IN THE OVEN. Place dry skillet in the oven at 500° allow skillet to get hot…
- RINSE ALL THE SALT FROM THE OUTSIDE OF THE STEAK… after rinsing pat steak dry… get as much visible moisture off the steak before searing….
- take the skillet out of the oven and place on a burner set on med/ high.
- use a pastry brush… I keep an old paint brush…. paint a little clear oil on each steak (canola or veggie). Then sprinkle with seasoning…. the oil helps the seasoning to stick…. I have tried olive oil but the smoke point is very low and the oil seems to 'burn'.
- place steaks in very hot dry skillet and sear for 2 minutes without turning… it will look like it is burning but don't freak out..turn over and cook 2 more minutes.
- put butter in skillet with steaks and spoon the melted butter and juices on top of steak…. do this for about 1-2 minutes and place in the oven at 425° for 5 minutes (medium)
- steak should be about medium to medium well…
Two quality steaks are expensive but it is definitely cheaper than going out. Heat your cast iron skillet to high heat. You'll be searing your steak in the skillet, so get it as hot as you possibly can. To test if your skillet is hot enough, flick a few drops of water onto the bottom of the pan. Without the right equipment, the dry-aged steak will not be perfect.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sheree's cast iron quick dry aged steak recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!