Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, steak skillet over baked potato. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! For Every Rep, Every Run, Every Game. We Are The Fuel Your Body Needs To Succeed.
Steak Skillet over Baked Potato is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Steak Skillet over Baked Potato is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook steak skillet over baked potato using 12 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- Prepare thin cut eye of round steak
- Get russet or red potatoes
- Get sliced mushrooms
- Get bacon grease
- Make ready (heaping) minced jarred garlic
- Make ready half n half
- Get red onion
- Take chopped chives
- Make ready salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare shredded cheddar cheese (or more if u want)
- Take dollops of sour cream
- Prepare real bacon bits (or more if u like)
Here is how you achieve it. In this easy cooking video, I make some steak and potatoes, in a cast iron skillet, in my toaster oven. The ingredients to my easy steak and potatoes recipe. Skillet Garlic Butter Herb Steak and Potatoes Recipe - Easy Steak and Potatoes.
Steps to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- preheat oven to 400
- wash potatoes and fork them all over..
- bake for 40 minutes or until soft all the way through.
- slice steak against the grain into strips. then cut the strips so they are bite sized.
- place bacon grease in a skillet and heat until hot.
- place steak pieces into skillet and toss. heat should be on medium.
- chop onion. and place onion into skillet. toss together.
- place sliced mushrooms into skillet. toss together.
- toss in chives, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well.
- (if u want to add any other veggies do this now.. great veggies to add would be chopped broccoli, green beans, green pepper, fresh baby spinach)
- by now the steak should be cooked through. add the half and half and give a good stir..
- lower heat to medium low so it is simmering, not boiling. and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, if it starts to dry out add a dash more bacon grease or add a bit of beef broth(I didn't have a problem with this)
- after 20 minutes of simmering the flavors should be well incorporated and ur potatoes should now be done.
- place a baked potato on a plate
- cut the potato in half
- cut the halves into 3rds. push together it kinda makes it look like a flower.
- pour 1/4 of your steak skillet on top of potato.
- sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- add a dollop of sour cream.
- and sprinkle with 1/4 of the bacon bits..
- repeat with the rest of the potatoes and steak..
- serve hot!
- TIP: u can use any type of steak u would like. I used eye of round because its cheap. russet potatoes work best but I prefer red potatoes because I like to eat the skin on red potatoes but not russet potatoes. I made mine this time without the dollop of sour cream and without the bacon bits because I ran out and cash was low. definitly better with them!
The ingredients to my easy steak and potatoes recipe. Skillet Garlic Butter Herb Steak and Potatoes Recipe - Easy Steak and Potatoes. Tongs: These will be essential for flipping the steak as it is searing. You can either stick the skillet in the oven while. In this easy cooking video, I make some steak and potatoes, in a cast iron skillet, in my toaster oven.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food steak skillet over baked potato recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!