Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
AKA, "New York Pork Chops," or, "Center Cut. more Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes. Juicy thick cut pork chops are simple to prepare and the result can rival any traditional beef steak. If you haven't had a thick cut pork chop before, well, prepare to fall in love with pork chops. Those thin, flimsy chops you see all over the grocery store dry out easily and lack the.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Prepare ● For The Meat
- Get 2-2 " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece]
- Take ● For The Brine
- Make ready 3 Cups Water
- Take 4 Cups Ice
- Make ready 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Make ready 1/3 Cup Kosher Salt
- Take 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic [left whole]
- Take 1 tbsp Whole Pepper Corns
- Make ready 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Take 1 tsp Thyme
- Prepare ● For The Seasonings
- Take to taste Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning
- Prepare to taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Take to taste Onion Powder
- Take to taste Garlic Powder
- Take ● For The Sides
- Take as needed Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Take as needed Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings]
- Get as needed Fresh Baked French Bread
- Prepare as needed Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter
If you haven't had a thick cut pork chop before, well, prepare to fall in love with pork chops. Gordon Ramsay pork chop recipe with Mustard Grain Sauce, Braised cabbage, incredible mashed potatoes, and magnificent caramelized tart apples. Amaze your family with this delightful port chop recipe. Pork chops are one of the simplest proteins to prepare for an easy weeknight meal.
Instructions to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two - 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed.
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved.
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely..
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°.
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature.
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat.
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat.
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops.
- Once at 140° - pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested.
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns.
Amaze your family with this delightful port chop recipe. Pork chops are one of the simplest proteins to prepare for an easy weeknight meal. Lay the pork chops on top of the potatoes so that they're not submerged in the liquid. Season the top of the chops with salt and pepper. Place the lid on the unit and turn to locked position.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!