Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, steak & ale puff pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Steak & Ale Puff Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Steak & Ale Puff Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Chicago Steak Co™ Delivers Only The World's Finest Beef. No Additives, No Injections, Only Real Hand Cut All American Steaks by Artisan Butchers. Don't Let Winter Get In The Way Of Grilled Meat! Have Delicious And Juicy Steaks Delivered Right To Your Door From Kansas City Steaks.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have steak & ale puff pie using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Steak & Ale Puff Pie:
- Get 500 g lean braising steak
- Take 1 onion
- Prepare 1/2 leek
- Prepare 2 sticks celery
- Prepare 1 carrot
- Prepare 1 clove garlic
- Prepare 1 small punnet button mushrooms
- Make ready 1 tbspn plain flour
- Get 250 ml dark ale (use more if needed)
- Prepare Drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Get 1 tspn mustard
- Prepare Squeeze tomato purée
- Take Squeeze honey
- Make ready Black pepper and salt
- Prepare 2 tbspn oil
- Take Splash water
- Prepare Puff pastry
- Prepare Egg wash
The steak is then grilled at high temperature to get the appropriate crust. A steak is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. It is normally grilled, though can also be pan-fried. It is often grilled in an attempt to replicate the flavor of steak cooked over the glowing coals of an open fire.
Steps to make Steak & Ale Puff Pie:
- Start off by coating the steak in flour and fry the steak in oil till browned (don’t cook it). Then remove into a bowl and fry all veggies in more oil - chop small. Then re add steak and then add balsamic, mustard and tomato purée. Give everything a good stir then add ale and honey and season. Pop lid on and cook slowly in warm oven 160 (fan) for 2 hours - stirring couple of times in between. Add splash of water or more ale to the pie if it needs it. Should be nice and thick and ready to eat.
- Transfer to pie dishes if you need to. Then egg wash the rim and stick pastry round edge of dish and then egg wash the pastry before adding a lid. I cut a pattern in mine but you don’t need to as long as there’s a little hole at the top of the pastry. Egg wash again. Cook for half hour or so till bubbling and hot on 180 (fan).
It is normally grilled, though can also be pan-fried. It is often grilled in an attempt to replicate the flavor of steak cooked over the glowing coals of an open fire. Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers. Add steak to your weekly menu with these easy dinner recipes. Whether you cook it on the grill, in the oven or on your stovetop in a cast-iron skillet, steak is always sure to please.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food steak & ale puff pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!