Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, salisbury steak with mushroom gravy. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stock Up On Pantry Essentials Or Try Something New. Add beef stock and whisk in gravy mix until smooth. Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Add beef broth, onion, and mushrooms; bring to a boil.
Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook salisbury steak with mushroom gravy using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy:
- Get 1 lb ground beef
- Make ready 1 egg, beaten
- Get 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- Take 8 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- Take 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 4 tablespoons butter
- Take 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- Take 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 3 tablespoons flour
- Prepare 2 cups beef broth
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Prepare 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnisg
Salisbury steak involves making seasoned beef patties using mince / ground beef, then making a mushroom gravy. Add mushrooms and gravy to skillet. Classic Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy! It's ready in under an hour and cooks all in one skillet.
Steps to make Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy:
- Gently mix the beef, egg, onion, cracker crumbs, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl using your hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste, scraping up any browned bits. Sprinkle in the flour and stir, then stir in beef broth and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, swirling to combine.
- Return the patties and any juices from the plate to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the patties are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Classic Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy! It's ready in under an hour and cooks all in one skillet. Just like mom used to make. Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. Make gravy: Wipe out skillet and add butter.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food salisbury steak with mushroom gravy recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!