Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ribeye beef stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Find Deals on Beef Soup Bones in Groceries on Amazon. Add the oil and heat until wisps of smoke appear. I realize that beef stew is usually made from chuck or short ribs, but would this steak work? If so, would I cook it slowly, like you do with chuck, or would it be okay to cook it with the broth and veggies for about an hour or so?
Ribeye Beef Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Ribeye Beef Stew is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ribeye beef stew using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ribeye Beef Stew:
- Make ready 3 lbs mini diced steak, ribeye works well. 1/4"to 3/8" cubes
- Prepare 1/4 cup olive oil
- Make ready 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Take 2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- Prepare 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- Take 3/4 cup peas
- Prepare 3/4 cup diced carrots
- Prepare 1 cup diced onions
- Get 1 lb sliced portobello Mushrooms
- Take 1/2 cup diced celery
- Take 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Prepare 1 stick salted butter
- Get 12 oz Merlot
- Get 32 oz Beef Stock
- Make ready 2 tabl spoons of flour
- Get 2 cups diced potatoes
- Get 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Then, saute onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in the beef fat, scraping the browned bits up from the bottom as you go. This will layer in the flavor before your stew even starts simmering. If ribeyes, top sirloins, and beef tenderloin are calling to you at the butcher counter, put away your beef stew recipe and serve up steak and potatoes instead. If you simmer those tender cuts for long periods of time, all that beautifully marbled fat will just melt away into the broth.
Steps to make Ribeye Beef Stew:
- Brown and sear diced steak cubes with salt, rosemary, cayenne pepper and olive oil. 15 to 20 minutes or so.
- Add peas and diced carrots into the crock pot, with cooked mini steak cubes, beef stock, worcestershire sauce, potatoes and 10 to 12oz of merlot, no one is counting… add 2 cups if you like for a little more etiquette.
- Sauté onions and celery with half of the butter for 5 to 7 minutes, add to the crockpot. I added a pinch of salt and black pepper here out of habbit, not necessarily needed.
- Sauté the mushrooms with other half of butter, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of flour for 12 to 15 minutes, cook them down to add a nice thickess and flavor.
- Pull about a cup of stock/wine mix from crockpot and add into the pan and 1 tablespoon of flour for a few minutes, get all of the flavors out of the pan. Add in with the rest of the mix in crock pot.
- Put the crockpot on high for 2 hours to bring everything up to temperature and low for about 6 hours or until the potatoes are soft.
If ribeyes, top sirloins, and beef tenderloin are calling to you at the butcher counter, put away your beef stew recipe and serve up steak and potatoes instead. If you simmer those tender cuts for long periods of time, all that beautifully marbled fat will just melt away into the broth. We've been taking advantage of the chill in the air, and making warm, cozy dishes like chili, posole, and chicken stew for dinner. But there's one stew to rule them all: beef. Heat the oil and butter in a pan and brown the beef.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food ribeye beef stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!