Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chateaubriand steak with delicious bearnaise sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Place the garlic in a small bowl and sprinkle it with salt. Season the beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, over high heat, melt the butter. Add the beef and sear for a couple of minutes on each side.
Chateaubriand Steak with delicious Bearnaise Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chateaubriand Steak with delicious Bearnaise Sauce is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chateaubriand steak with delicious bearnaise sauce using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chateaubriand Steak with delicious Bearnaise Sauce:
- Get veal filet
- Get garlic
- Get olive oil
- Take salt
- Prepare For the Bearnaise sauce:
- Prepare egg yolks
- Get scallions
- Make ready butter
- Take white vinegar
- Prepare parsley, finely chopped
- Get tarragon, finely chopped
- Prepare peppercorn
- Make ready salt to taste
An over-safe probe type thermometer is needed to monitor beef temperature. Chateaubriand Steak with delicious Bearnaise Sauce. The steak is usually served with a side of roasted new potatoes or tiny chateau potatoes. Interestingly enough, Escoffier brought his recipes for chateaubriand steak, chateaubriand sauce and béarnaise sauce separately, letting the reader decide for oneself which sauce to use.
Steps to make Chateaubriand Steak with delicious Bearnaise Sauce:
- To prepare the béarnaise sauce:
- Pour the white vinegar in a pan. Add in the scallions, parsley and tarragon and stir constantly over low heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid reduces approximately to 3 tablespoons.
- In another pan, heat the butter over low flame until it is melted.
- In a third pan, place the egg yolks and strain the scallions mixture over them through a fine sieve. Press with a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the strained herbs. Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in a double boiler containing simmering water. Stir constantly the sauce until it begins to thicken, remove the pan and turn off the heat.
- Slowly add in the melted butter and pinches of chopped tarragon. Stir well and pour the béarnaise sauce in a serving bowl
- To prepare the chateaubriand steak:
- Preheat the oven to 260C.
- Place the garlic in a small bowl and sprinkle it with salt. Crush the garlic, add in the peppercorn and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Brush the veal filet with the garlic mixture and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof pan over medium flame. Cook the veal filet in the pan until both sides turn brown.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the meat is well done. If you like rare meat, bake for less time in the oven.
- Remove from oven and place in large plate and cover with aluminum foil. Then allow t rest for 15 minutes.
- To serve, place the veal filet on individual serving plates and pour over the béarnaise sauce.
The steak is usually served with a side of roasted new potatoes or tiny chateau potatoes. Interestingly enough, Escoffier brought his recipes for chateaubriand steak, chateaubriand sauce and béarnaise sauce separately, letting the reader decide for oneself which sauce to use. Instructions Combine the vinegar, wine, shallots, tarragon leaves, peppercorns and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. A French steak recipe prepared with bearnaise sauce. Pour the wine into the skillet and bring the sauce to a boil, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chateaubriand steak with delicious bearnaise sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!