Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, smothered pork steak. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Dry the pork steaks and trim off any excess fat from the edges. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan (or oven-safe pan with cover) over medium-high heat. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious.
Smothered Pork Steak is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Smothered Pork Steak is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have smothered pork steak using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Smothered Pork Steak:
- Get pork steak
- Make ready onion sliced
- Prepare olive oil
- Get all purpose flour
- Get cajun seasoning
- Prepare butter or margarine
- Get milk or water depends on your taste or what you have on hand at the time. I prefer milk.
A smothered steak can also be breaded and "chicken fried" before being smothered. You know that when a recipe has 'smothered' in the name, it's going to be easy. It's a beautiful combination of dark, rich onion gravy covering pan-fried pork chops. Sprinkle front and back side of each steak piece and rub deep into groves of steak.
Instructions to make Smothered Pork Steak:
- mix flour and cajun seasoning in a one gallon resealable bag
- put pork steak in bag and shake until well coated with seasoned flour
- heat the oil on meduim high in a dutch oven or large cast iron skillet and brown pork steaks add oil if needed.
- remove steaks and use remaining oil to saute onion
- remove onion, turn heat down to meduim and melt butter in dutch oven
- whisk remaining seasoned flour into butter and brown slightly
- slowly add milk or water while stirring with wisk until gravy is smooth and slighty thinner than you want it to be. gravy will thicken as it cooks.
- add steaks and onions back to the pan in layers and simmer for 45 mins. to 1 hour
It's a beautiful combination of dark, rich onion gravy covering pan-fried pork chops. Sprinkle front and back side of each steak piece and rub deep into groves of steak. Heat oil to medium high in skillet (cast iron is best). Dredge each piece in flour, press in with finger tips. Add the oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and allow to come to temperature.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food smothered pork steak recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!