Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, p-lo's salisbury steak and gravy. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Great recipe for P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy. Another dish my mom would make!. Super yummy kids love and takes me back to times around the table with my mom and family as a child! For me it's always served over rice,mashed potatoes ,or egg noodles 🍛🍴 Shape into four patties.
P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook p-lo's salisbury steak and gravy using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy:
- Prepare 3 lbs hamburger meat
- Get 1 small diced onion
- Get 2 cups or 1 prepackaged white mushrooms sliced(or your preference)
- Take Flour
- Take 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Make ready 2-15 ounce cans beef broth
- Make ready 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Make ready Worcestershire sauce
- Take 3-4 tablespoons butter
- Prepare Seasonings
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning using your hands. Butter - to add flavor and to saute the mushrooms. Mushrooms - the earthy flavor really lends itself to the gravy mix and is the perfect addition to Salisbury steak. All-Purpose Flour - this is to thicken the gravy.
Steps to make P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy:
- Mix minced garlic,seasonings(I use salt,pepper,garlic,complete seasoning,and parsley),half diced onion,and hamburger meat
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat once hot make patties out of mixture and fry as if making a hamburger (I make baseball size in hands and flatten out remember patty will shrink once cooked) ..I also re-season each side with garlic,pepper,and little salt once when I flip letting each side sit for 10-12 minutes (check carefully with spatula if like so you do not burn again time depends on your heating of burner and pan using)
- Once patties are COMPLETELY brown in color and have a dark brown top remove to baking dish.. Do not worry about inside color of patties they will cook longer in oven (make sure their is no pink left on outside of patties)!! Pink color in picture is juice from patties sitting waiting on all to cook!!!
- Remove frying pan from heat .. Drain grease leaving about 3 -4 tablespoons and add other half of diced onion, mushrooms,butter,bouillon cubes and few dashes of Worcestershire .. Put back on heat and mix all up.. if need to add more butter and Worcestershire getting all drippings and stuff fried to pan loosened and mixed throughly over a medium high heat (this and next process is quick so keep eye on it)
- Now I just get little handfuls of flour and sprinkle over mixture completely coating
- Sprinkle and coat again
- Now add 1 and half to two cans of beef broth over medium high heat slowly while mixing with fork and few dashes of Worcestershire..Once mixture is heated to a slight boil and thickens up little remove from heat (only takes few minutes so keep eye on)
- Pour gravy mixture over patties ..I also flip patties in sauce getting good and coated making sure some mushrooms and onions are on top of patties as well
- Cover and cook at 375 in oven for 30-40 minutes(depending on rareness of patty when put in and your oven) You want everything to cook and flavor each other as well and let the gravy do its thing!😋 … Important Immediately when comes out have flour ready to sprinkle and coat top of everything
- Stir and flip patties making sure mixed throughly until achieve consistency of gravy you prefer ( must be done when really hot so make sure right out of oven or will clump up and sprinkle lightly is secret .. I usually sprinkle and mix twice sometimes three depending on quality of meat and how much grease is cooked out of patties in oven ..you want the liquid a gravy consistency
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes to me the best!.. Egg noodles are ok to but love love love mine with white rice or mashed potatoes!!
Mushrooms - the earthy flavor really lends itself to the gravy mix and is the perfect addition to Salisbury steak. All-Purpose Flour - this is to thicken the gravy. Beef Consomme - this is basically clarified beef broth that is concentrated in flavor! It's one of my favorite ingredients ever. Salisbury steak is a classic American dish with ground beef patties seasoned in various manors and served with brown gravy over mashed potatoes or noodles.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food p-lo's salisbury steak and gravy recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!